Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Swirling Thoughts #131 – other moms pack my kids’ lunch but my dinner is fit for a prime minister

To maximize lunchtime satisfaction pack up the sack with things OTHER kids in the class will want
I asked Rosie how she liked her chocolate sandwich at lunch today.
I didn’t eat it.
???
I gave it to Neely.
How about the Arctimel?
I gave that to Liat.
Did you eat the cream cheese sandwich I put in there?
No. I gave it to Ahuva.
So you didn’t eat lunch?
I ate!
What did you eat?
Avital gave me some crackers and some…
(she mumbles a word in Hebrew).
What’s that?
It’s like chips, Mommy.
Did you at least drink your chocolate milk?
Yes!
So you had chocolate milk, crackers and chips?
Something LIKE chips, Mommy.
Are you hungry?
Yes. Can I have a chocolate sandwich now?

On Rosh Chodesh (the beginning of the new Hebrew month), everyone wears a white shirt
As I dodged butterflies all over Route 60 today, my kids were dodging tiny white-shirt- seeking flying black bugs. Sporadic competing swarms continue…

A new title for me!
Barbara fell asleep on the couch while I was making pancakes for dinner. I called up to Asher a few times to come help me with the baby. When she woke up she relayed this dream:
I dreamt the prime minister of Israel came to our house. He smelled your pancakes and wanted to eat them. He enjoyed them so much he made you his vice prime minister in charge of food. You hired Asher as your servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment